[HECnet] SIMH + Multiple interfaces + DECnet

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Fri Dec 28 15:29:52 PST 2012

On 28 Dec 2012, at 17:51, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 28 Dec 2012, at 17:48, "Rob Jarratt" <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE [mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE]
On Behalf Of Cory Smelosky
Sent: 28 December 2012 20:41
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] SIMH + Multiple interfaces + DECnet

On 28 Dec 2012, at 15:39, hvlems at zonnet.nl wrote:

No this is correct. What kind of hardware and os?
Is it on-line at Hecnet?

FreeBSD.   XQB is attached to a tap0 device that is created by OpenVPN that
is bridged with my home network.

No. It is not currently on HECnet.   It's going to become my area router.

[Rob Jarratt]

If you just need an area router, have you considered trying the user mode
router I wrote recently? It runs on Windows and on Raspberry Pi (Debian).
You will have to build it and it might need a tweak or two to run on
FreeBSD.

It doesn't need two NICs either, although your environment sounds a bit
different to anything I have tested so far.

Can it take packets from say: tap0 and route them out via a link on em0?