[HECnet] SIMH + Multiple interfaces + DECnet

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Dec 28 13:33:56 PST 2012

Johnny wrote:
VMS don't know about bridging, ...

  Are we talking about DECnet here?   If so, then that's not true.   VMS is
perfectly happy with two NI interfaces.   Both have the same DECnet address
and therefore the same MAC and are presumably connected to different
physical networks.   It'd be a mess if you connected them both to the same
LAN segment, of course.   IF the VMS node is a router, it'll happily route
DECnet traffic between the two interfaces and their associated networks.

  I'm doing it now - LEGATO is configured this way.

Bob