[HECnet] SIMH + Multiple interfaces + DECnet

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Fri Dec 28 13:04:13 PST 2012

On 28 Dec 2012, at 16:03, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

I didn't ask what host you are running your simulator on, I asked what OS you are running the thing that talks DECnet.
But I now suspect you are playing with VMS. Afraid I can't help much with that one. In theory there shouldn't be any problems, but exactly why are getting the errors I can only guess.
And my first guess would be that the CSR is wrong.
My second guess would be that something is broken in simh, or VMS, if I look at the error message, since it seems to complain about the MAC address. VMS should be fine with this, however, if it does some verification of the MAC address before trying to change it, then you might have a problem. (Naturally, no two interfaces should ever have the same default MAC address.)

Actually   they might due to the bridging.   I'll go generate a random MAC and see if that helps any.

	Johnny