[HECnet] New HECNET.HLP file at RHESUS::[.HECNETHLP]HECNET.HLP

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sun Dec 30 06:42:05 PST 2012

the INFO.TXT thing is a bit of a hack really.

  Didn't you invent the INFO.TXT idea back around 2009 or so?   I could swear
it was your idea, and Zane Healy had a WWW real time listing of active nodes
on avanthar.com back then.   Somebody else was doing a map, but I can't
remember who.

  I'm sure you know that every couple of years somebody comes up with a
grand scheme to map and index HECnet.   It goes for a while and then looses
steam, and then a couple of years later somebody re-invents the idea over
again.

Bob