[HECnet] VAX compiler kits

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat Dec 22 18:42:43 PST 2012

On 22 Dec 2012, at 21:41, Dennis Boone <drb at msu.edu> wrote:

I'm looking for basically all the compilers (Ada, C, C++, Basic, Cobol,
Fortran, Pascal etc).

This is one of those "how pathological do any of you feel today" sorts
of questions.   I went looking to see what all I might have laying
around, and there are more languages than you might remember.   Posting
this to gauge interest.

A 1993/5.5 era set has at least these oddballs in addition to the above:

    ops5
    apl
    bliss-32
    cobol generator
    dibol
    dsm
    lisp

Which lisp?

    pl/i (pre-kednos)

plus at least one or two variants for VAXELN.   I'm sure I missed at
least one.   No clue how any of them work on more recent VMS.

De