[HECnet] HECnet mapping project

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Dec 26 08:00:13 PST 2012

On 12/26/2012 04:30 AM, Rob Jarratt wrote:
Actually it looks like I would need to implement various other layers before
I could even start on NICE, that might be a bit too much. SNMP might be an
option in that case. I don't know much about the details of SNMP, I can look
it up of course but I guess there would need to be a format for the routing
and end node data, if I can match what CISCO produces then that would make
it easier, anyone have any info on this?

  The Cisco SNMP formats are generally pretty good (due to widespread
use) but I've never looked at DECnet-related variables via SNMP.   I'll
be hacking on that a bit today in between work and random snowstorm panic.