[HECnet] HECnet mapping project

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Dec 25 17:23:39 PST 2012

On 2012-12-26 02:13, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

On 26 Dec 2012, at 03:00, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

Yuck. Seriously, if you depend on manual information, it's going to be broken sooner or later.

I'm not at all clear what the problem is, though. I can, from MIM, tell which areas are online. And for each area, you can check which nodes are online in that area. After that, it just becomes a question of figuring out how the bits are connected.

The problem is the CISCO gear doesnt talk NCP, so we can't do stuff like SHOW KNOW CIRC (to get routers to walk) or SHOW ADJ NODES (to get end nodes).

If the CISCO guys want on the map, it'll have to be manual for now....

You'll have the same problem with Rob's DECnet router... And possibly other equipment, or nodes that don't want to talk NICE.