[HECnet] HECnet mapping project

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Dec 25 17:00:50 PST 2012

On 2012-12-26 00:45, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

On 26 Dec 2012, at 01:33, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

I did said quick hack from STUPI to GW, here's the new router graph:

http://www.sampsa.com/just-routers.svg

So my suggestion to those with "weird" links that we can't crawl is that they provide us with two things:

- A list of their connections to the rest of HECnet (i.e. the area routers)
- A list of the end nodes that are connected to their area routers

Formats for these will follow, they're basically CSV.

Is this OK, Dave etc with CISCO gear?

Yuck. Seriously, if you depend on manual information, it's going to be broken sooner or later.

I'm not at all clear what the problem is, though. I can, from MIM, tell which areas are online. And for each area, you can check which nodes are online in that area. After that, it just becomes a question of figuring out how the bits are connected.