[HECnet] PYFFLE:: working again - woohoo!

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 13:21:49 PST 2012

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 27 Dec 2012, at 16:14, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 27 Dec 2012, at 16:08, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 12/27/2012 04:07 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
I thought it started as a learning experience and response from
working with that kludge called Minnix with regards to Torvalds.

Especially since the first file system that the early kernels worked
with/ran on was indeed Minnix.

It did indeed; Linux existed with *only* MINIX filesystem support for
quite some time.

Now it supports everything from FAT12 to ZFS. ;) (and to some extent FILES-11)

Btw, don't try to install it to FAT32. It's to exactly fond of that.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff!
http://gimme-sympathy.org/ My permanently-a-work-in-progress pet project.

Hello!
My first Slackware jobs were on a FAT32 system with Zipslack unzipped
there. It worked rather well for a time after I managed to get sound
working. Eventually I managed to get the same one running native. And
on a different system (really the first P100 system I started with.
The other was a P3.)

Let me rephrase: don't try to install modern Arch Linux to FAT32. ;)

Now I have Slackware 13.37 running on something later and grouchier.

This does not explain why Dave your building is being used for a
snowball as handball game exercise.

Sure it does! Something something linux wars and practicing.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff!
http://gimme-sympathy.org/ My permanently-a-work-in-progress pet project.

Hello!
Indeed. 2.6 and later do not support the UMSDOS forms. However that
was aimed at Dave, not you Cory.

However why is there an escaped bigfoot making its way towards you
right now Cory?
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com