[HECnet] PYFFLE:: working again - woohoo!

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Dec 27 13:02:51 PST 2012

On 27 Dec 2012, at 15:58, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

On 2012-12-27 19:38, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On 27 Dec 2012, at 06:05, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

Well it worked for about 3 logons. It's borked again.

Too bad nobody is maintaining the Linux DECNET packages anymore.

Yeah   the module doesn't build on newer kernels, iirc. I tried. ;)

Actually, it does, but procfs and sysfs or whatever have changed too much for it to be configured.

Which is one of my main gripes with Linux. The whole kernel development is just a mess. They constantly design really bad solutions and implement them. Then they realize they suck, and they change the kernel interfaces to fix things. But that leaves lots of broken code around in different places.

It's horrifically fractured, too.   So many different distributions try to do things their own way and there's so much conflicting "standardisation"   linux DEFINITELY inherited that from UNIX. ;)

The world would have been a better place without Linux

But then people wouldn't have absurdity to collectively laugh at. ;)

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff!
http://gimme-sympathy.org/ My permanently-a-work-in-progress pet project.