[HECnet] PYFFLE:: working again - woohoo!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Dec 27 12:56:20 PST 2012

On 12/27/2012 03:55 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Just don't try using llogin towards an RSX host... There are bugs in the
lat implementation as well. It causes connections to be dropped if
connecting to RSX (for example). And when they are dropped, some bug in
the RSX LAT code is triggered, causing the buffers to be lost forever,
meaning you run out of memory after a while if you use the Linux LAT
package towards RSX.

  I've seen this happen sporadically talking to RSTS/E and VMS systems
as well...if it's the same bug, it's not RSX-specific.   When it happens
to me, ALL of my current llogin sessions drop at the same moment.