[HECnet] Getting a virtual cluster connected

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Dec 25 17:34:47 PST 2012

On 12/25/2012 05:50 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
On 12/25/2012 02:56 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote: >>> Will it be a problem
that all of these systems are DECnet-OSI? >> >> Clustering does not
depend on DECnet or TCP/IP! > > Really?   I thought clustering over
ethernet used DECnet.

Nope...SCS, which is Systems Communications Services if memory serves.
(is that right, Brian?)   Completely unrelated to DECnet.

Dunno which "Brian" you refer but SCS it is.

  I initially meant you, but now I recall (half drunk at the moment)
that Brian Hechinger knows quite a lot about VMS clustering as well. :)