[HECnet] Getting a virtual cluster connected

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Dec 25 13:19:27 PST 2012

On 25 Dec 2012, at 16:05, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 12/25/2012 04:03 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
We could do OpenVPN Layer 2 bridging.   Can it be made to handle the
multicast bits?   My ISP here (512k up!) blocks L2TP proper
unfortunately.

Wow.   Time to move!

My primary VPS would need another IP and a little bit of MAC hackery,
but I might be able to get my provider to allow that.   It runs
FreeBSD and I don't think any alpha simulators run on it
natively   alphavm-free may run in linux binary compat, though...

Real (and FAST!) Alphas are not at all tough to find; I don't see the
point of Alpha emulators.

How cheaply could I get one though?