[HECnet] Getting a virtual cluster connected

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Dec 25 12:24:07 PST 2012

On 12/25/2012 03:09 PM, sampsa at mac.com wrote:
Further, most VMS clusters are built with machines in the same
datacenter.   It's not generally a wide-area thing.

Unless you count those geographically separate clusters with FDDI links :)

Come to think of it, I have like 3 of those cards and even some cables in London.

  FDDI cards?

  I have a vast number of FDDI cards for PCI and EISA.   I have a few
concentrators, too.   I'll be keeping some of it, but would be willing to
give the rest away if someone wants to come pick it up.   I ran it for a
long time; much better design than 100Mbps Ethernet.