Linux DECnet, was Re: [HECnet] PYFFLE:: working again - woohoo!

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Dec 27 12:55:46 PST 2012

On 27 Dec 2012, at 15:53, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 12/27/2012 01:38 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Well it worked for about 3 logons. It's borked again.

Too bad nobody is maintaining the Linux DECNET packages anymore.

Yeah   the module doesn't build on newer kernels, iirc. I tried. ;)

Actually, it does, but procfs and sysfs or whatever have changed too much for it to be configured.

Define "newer"?   It runs fine on 3.20.

Well I /was/ running Scientific Linux, so that could explain it. ;)

Someone really needs to pick it up and continue its maintenance.   I'd
do it if I had some time and knew the protocols better.   There really is
a need.

Yeah, maybe i'll bother some friends with protocol documentation and see if they're interested in picking it up.   They probably wouldn't be interested though. :(

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff!
http://gimme-sympathy.org/ My permanently-a-work-in-progress pet project.