[HECnet] Happy Holidays HECnet

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 26 00:08:26 PST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE [mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE]
On Behalf Of Johnny Billquist
Sent: 26 December 2012 01:35
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Cc: sampsa at mac.com
Subject: Re: [HECnet] Happy Holidays HECnet

On 2012-12-26 02:27, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

On 26 Dec 2012, at 03:16, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

Actually probably time is more of an issue than money. Thinking of it,
prefer a nice place to a cheap place.
(But then again, living in Switzerland, almost any place is a cheap
place in comparison...)

Well I did suggest Beirut, that place rocks...

But that didn't go down well.

Maybe the UK/US idea is the way to go.

Actually, in a way, to be honest, the cool place to go would be Uppsala,
Sweden, where HECnet started, and there is way much cool hardware to
fool around with.

There are PDP-11/70 machines, VAX-8650s, VAX-7000/720, DEC-2060, PDP-
8, PDP-12, as well as plenty of small stuff...

Now *that* is tempting!

We could probably host activities using the University locales, and have
other fun stuff going on as well.