[HECnet] Happy Holidays HECnet

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Dec 25 17:08:29 PST 2012

On 2012-12-25 16:01, Brian Hechinger wrote:
Happy Holidays!

Next year we should organize some sort of event. :)

Any suggestions? (And I think we've already passed 10 years...)

That's as far as I got with the idea. :)

Oh, it's been more than 10 years. You and I first setup that serial link
back in the beginning of 2000 and I don't know how long you were doing
it before that!

Like I said - we've already passed 10 years. :-)

I think I'd only played a year or so before we set up the link between us, so you were there back in the stone age...

As for what to do, I think it could be fun, but I also realize that by its very nature, we are spread out over a large area. So a get together might be hard. I'd be happy to host something in Zurich, if people could make it there. I could probably get place for playing around and so on, but no real idea for people to stay. Hotels are always expensive.

I'm visiting California from time to time, so I could join something there, but apart from those two places, the only place I might be is Stockholm, Sweden. Close to Finland, but not so much else. :-)