[HECnet] Older VAXVMS Install kits?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sun Dec 23 18:14:42 PST 2012

On 23 Dec 2012, at 21:10, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> writes:

Not really. If you restore the correct saveset (.B), you'll get the
bootblock and other stuff setup correctly as a part of the procedure.

Find the right saveset. .A is not it.

	Johnny

That's what I said from the get-go and I was not familiar at all with the
file he called out several messages back.

There should be 4, IIRC, savesets labeled VMS046.A, .B, .C and .D.   Restore
the VMS046.B as an image to the boot drive and boot it.

Hmmm, trying different tapes allows me to restore a .B, however it's still not bootable.   I wonder if i'm missing an option somewhere...

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG