[HECnet] Older VAXVMS Install kits?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sun Dec 23 17:35:17 PST 2012

On 23 Dec 2012, at 20:34, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

VMS 7.3?=20 >=20 > Are you upgrading or is this a clean install?

Clean install from: bb-bt05d-be_vaxvms_v4_6_bin_c1987.tap

Only save set according to backup/list is vms046.a which I write with =
backup mua0:vms046.a/save_set dual:

Am I doing something wrong?

???

That doesn't look like any VMS distro file I'm familiar with.

I'm not quite sure which tape image to use for this. ;)

FWIW, this may help you:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/73final/documentation/pdf/780_INSTALL.pdf

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG