[HECnet] Older VAXVMS Install kits?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sun Dec 23 17:24:54 PST 2012

On 23 Dec 2012, at 20:21, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

Okay so! I've grabbed several tapes from ftp.trailing-edge.com, and I've
= attempted to restore the backup sets from them.   However I go to boot
= them, and they don't boot.   And considering the documentation says I =
need to use several tapes=85 ;)

Which tape images do I use and do I restore the images in a different =
way than I do for VMS 7.3?

Are you upgrading or is this a clean install?

Clean install from: bb-bt05d-be_vaxvms_v4_6_bin_c1987.tap

Only save set according to backup/list is vms046.a which I write with backup mua0:vms046.a/save_set dual:

Am I doing something wrong?

If the later, restore the .B saveset image to the system disk and then boot.
You should be prompted with subsequnet install instructions.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG