[HECnet] Older VAXVMS Install kits?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Sun Dec 23 15:32:23 PST 2012

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> writes:

On 12/23/2012 05:44 PM, Steve Davidson wrote: > While the 4.7 system is
good,   personally,   I would go with a version 5 > system.   V5.5 or
V5.5-4 would be my choice.   It has so many more > capabilities and
toys/tools!

But oohhhhh soooo painfully slow compared to v4.7.   You wouldn't
believe the complaints I endured from my users on Monday after spending
all weekend doing an upgrade to 5.0.   They loved me before that!

??? Slower?   V50 introduced the modular exec.

Personally, I'd get up V6.1.   Many improvements on the many look-aside
list algorithms.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG