[HECnet] SIMH PDP-10 + Networking?

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 22 10:23:11 PST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE [mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE]
On Behalf Of Cory Smelosky
Sent: 22 December 2012 17:23
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: [HECnet] SIMH PDP-10 + Networking?

Is it at all possible to do networking in SIMH's PDP-10 emulator?

Turns out I need to reinstall TOPS-10. ;)

So I either need to:
1). Stage TOPS-10 in SIMH then move to KLH10's KS emulator (seems to
uses different disk format) 2). Install TOPS-10 directly in klh10 (How
would I
change tapes during runtime using KLH10?) 3). Not have networking. ;)

Is configuring networking in KLH10's KS emulation the same as using it's
KL
emulation? devdef nib et cetera?

Thanks!=

If anyone has any knowledge of getting networking running over a DMC11 on a
KS10 please let me know. I am just about to try adding the DMC11 to the KS10
emulation in SIMH. Unfortunately I fear this may not work. This is because I
have it on good authority that TOPS-10 may have a driver for the very
similar DMR11, but TOPS-20 does not have even that (or not directly anyway).
I have no knowledge of TOPS-10 and would need help to get things working
there.

Regards

Rob