[HECnet] Anyone got spare MMJ-MMJ console cables?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Dec 21 12:05:38 PST 2012

Except the obvious problem that they won't work in DEC equipment...

	Johnny

On 2012-12-21 15:55, Clem Cole wrote:
Good point, I took a DEC tool and turned the plate around for Mind
Storms hacking.     But my point is that the tools and plugs are findable
- as they are even on amazon.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
<system at tmesis.com <mailto:system at tmesis.com>> wrote:

      Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com <mailto:clemc at ccc.com>> writes:

        >--e89a8f8396e3415d4a04d15d84f3 Content-Type: text/plain;
        >charset=ISO-8859-1
        >
        >I would suspect you should be able to find them in Europe as LEGO uses
        >the MMJ connector for Mindstorms (which is a pain in the neck).
          Amazon
        >carries the tool and plugs, so it's easy to make them.   The tool is
        >$40-60 US and the plugs cost under a dollar (and I have seen them
      as low
        >as 4 for a dollar).   What is hard to find is the female connector, I
        >have not find a reliable source, so I find myself making custom MMJ to
        >RJ11 cables for the kids when they want to make a custom interface to
        >connect to their robots.

      Doesn't the LEGO's version of the MMJ have the tab on the right?

      --
      VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker
          VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG