[HECnet] Anyone got spare MMJ-MMJ console cables?

Fri Dec 21 10:38:51 PST 2012

On Dec 21, 2012, at 1:33 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

sampsa at mac.com writes:

Clem,

Mark Benson has already volunteered to make the cables at cost - I just
need to know if the console cables are wired straight across or
crossover?

DECconnects are a flat 6-conductor cable.   The MMJ plugs are attached such
that the same side of the flat cable is inserted into each MMJ plug.   This
provides an implicit signal crossover.   So, if your 6 conductor cable had
White, Black, Red, Green, Yellow, Gray conductors, one side would show the
colors as I've listed them and the other side would be Gray, Yellow, Green,
Red, Black and White.

I thought I've seen straight-through version also, which you can make by having one of the two connectors "upside down".

	paul