[HECnet] Anyone got spare MMJ-MMJ console cables?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Dec 21 06:55:45 PST 2012

Good point, I took a DEC tool and turned the plate around for Mind Storms hacking.    But my point is that the tools and plugs are findable - as they are even on amazon.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <system at tmesis.com> wrote:
Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> writes:

>--e89a8f8396e3415d4a04d15d84f3 Content-Type: text/plain;
>charset=ISO-8859-1
>
>I would suspect you should be able to find them in Europe as LEGO uses
>the MMJ connector for Mindstorms (which is a pain in the neck).   Amazon
>carries the tool and plugs, so it's easy to make them.   The tool is
>$40-60 US and the plugs cost under a dollar (and I have seen them as low
>as 4 for a dollar).   What is hard to find is the female connector, I
>have not find a reliable source, so I find myself making custom MMJ to
>RJ11 cables for the kids when they want to make a custom interface to
>connect to their robots.

Doesn't the LEGO's version of the MMJ have the tab on the right?

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG