[HECnet] Area router question

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Thu Dec 20 10:08:24 PST 2012

I believe your Cisco should be able to do it for you, provided your link to
any other area is directly to the Cisco. It should be able to cope with bridge
connections and GRE tunnels for example. If you have a Multinet link, then I
don't think it can cope with that as that has to terminate on a host system.

A multinet tunnel would need to terminate on a VMS box that is an area router, yes.

I'm not considering using Multinet, so it sounds like I can use the Cisco as the area router.   Time for some experimenting.

Ian