[HECnet] 2.11BSD

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Dec 17 16:18:55 PST 2012

On 2012-12-18 00:31, Clem Cole wrote:
actually 2.10/11 was a distant relation to 4.1/4.2 when Keith started.   but his group had an 11/34 if IIRC and he wanted some the tools from the vax that had blown out the instruction limit
of the address space

Well, compared to FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD, 4.1/4.2 are also the distant country cousins. The fact that 2BSD kept being supported long after even BSD4.4 was dead only makes it slightly more funny, if more anachronistic.

2.11BSD is close to dead now, though. I sent out a bunch of patches/fixes about half a year ago, but it was quite a long time before the previous patch set to that went out.
But we're at patch #448 or something like that, to 2.11BSD. A lot of 4.3 functionality was eventually backported to 2.11.

	Johnny

Clem