[HECnet] 2.11BSD

Boyanich, Alastair Alastair.Boyanich at au.fujitsu.com
Mon Dec 17 14:50:54 PST 2012

Hi all,

Can someone straighten me out on a few things.

1) Other than the tuhs/pups guys that seem to have archives of 2.11BSD,
is there a central place that manages source / build / patch trees ?
I've seen the "RetroBSD" guys running this on MIPS PIC32 stuff, but I
suspect from my readings thus far they don't much care about the 11
tree.

2) Was 2.11BSD ever ported to other platforms? Given the age/era, I'm
curious about 8088/8086/NECv20/80286 given the banked memory models used
and looking at the 8088/8086 XENIX disassembly.

Thoughts?

Additionally, I'd like to wish you all a safe and happy silly season :)

Al.