[HECnet] digest mode

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Dec 17 11:46:44 PST 2012

On 2012-12-17 20:43, Bob Armstrong wrote:
more interested in seeing why people want digest mode (as I said, I am
having
difficulty in seeing the attraction it clearly has for some)

    Among other things, digests are sorted by topic.   When a particular chain
of conversation strays far from anything I'm interested in, it's easy to
simply skip it.   An alternative, which I use now but find less attractive,
is to create rules that redirect certain HECnet subjects to the trash.

That capability is not something I've ever seen in the digests I've tested on various sites. Does it send a separate digest per topic then?