[HECnet] digest mode

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Dec 17 09:00:03 PST 2012

On 2012-12-17 17:40, Bob Armstrong wrote:
Do people really want digest mode here?

    Yes (for me, at least - I always have!).   And an archive of past
messages
would be really nice...

Ok. We'll hopefully have digest sorted once we move from Majordomo. As
for archives, gha... Yes, I have everything, but I need to scrub it of
personal messages, as well as figure out how to make it accessible.
That part I'm open to suggestions about.

If you move to mailman you should be able to just dump them into mailman
and let it handle it for you.

What do you mean "dump them"? They are mails. They are in a folder in my mail box...

I can certainly extract them from there, and in various formats. My own mail is handled by imap, and it sits in a maildir format on my own server...

It's been a little while since I've dealt with that, so I will have to research it, but I *think* the archive area of mailman is just Maildir style.

-brian