mapping, was Re: [HECnet] Statistics

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Dec 17 10:28:22 PST 2012

On 2012-12-17 19:26, Brian Hechinger wrote:
On Dec 17, 2012, at 13:20, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 12/17/2012 01:18 PM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
RHESUS serves node info on these by the way, the URL is:

http://rhesus.sampsa.com/cgi-bin/hecnetinfo/hecnetinfo.com

Rather cute. I could do that on MIM nowadays...
Maybe some more information from NCP on what it knows could be cool?

How often to you update your node database?

I really do need to get back to my mapping utility. I've given up on scripting it since the lack of recursion is kinda killing me.

Oooooh! Mapping! Do you mean a map of all HECnet nodes and how they interconnect?

Yes. Exactly that. :)

  I would LOVE to see that running.

My attempt to do it in DCL failed but I think I've got how to do it. Just need to find a reasonable way to access NCP.

You *could* just output NCP command results to files, and parse that... :-)