[HECnet] Need disk space for some VAX work? KUHAVX/SIIRI might be useful..

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Mon Dec 17 05:26:29 PST 2012

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012, Peter Coghlan wrote:

It could get a lot uglier - I've had Hercules running on a VAX...

Now *that* I like.   :)

Hopefully not to drift too far OT but ...

I have a few instances of Hercules running on my main Linux machine, some runinng, most are not - while I am amazed at the great strides folks both on the OS side and Hercules have done, I'd actually like to **do** something with them (similar to the "crazy" stuff I see being done with the various DEC OSes by folks on the list).   If I could retire and had limitness time I'm sure I could write something, but still ... Anyone on the HECNet list doing anything interesting with VM/370, MVS 3.8J, MUSIC/SP or any other legal-to-run OS on Hercules?

Fred