nested emulation, was Re: [HECnet] Need disk space for some VAX work? KUHAVX/SIIRI might be useful..

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Dec 16 12:49:18 PST 2012

On 12/16/2012 03:42 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Heh, that'd be awesome, running MSDOS in QEMU on a MicroVAX 3400 :)

Then, run an MS-DOS PDP-11 or VAX simulator. ;)

  Sick-o. ;)

  Once, whilst hanging out with a friend in Philadelphia around 1992 or
so, gawking over his brand-new Sun SPARCstation-2...He ran up a copy of
SoftPC under SunOS.   I noticed that it emulated an 80286, so we hunted
around and got a copy of SCO Xenix/286 and installed that under SoftPC,
running under SunOS.

  It was slower than pissing tar, but it worked!

  (we were drinking a bit..)