[HECnet] Auto-booting a MicroVAX 3400

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Fri Dec 14 07:18:52 PST 2012

El 14/12/2012, a les 14:20, Kari Uusim  ki <uusimaki at exdecfinland.org> va escriure:

There is that (dot-circle) button which is called halt. It should be in the position where the dot is outside the circle.

I have just checked my 3300. The two position switch is in the "dot out of circle" position. The three position switch is in the "arrow" (middle) position.

If the uVAX asks for the console language at each boot and/or asks always for date/time, then the NVRAM/TOY backup battery is dead and has to be replaced. You can use standard rechargeable batteries and it is relatively easy to do (I managed to do it myself, and I'm quite clumsy with hardware :)).

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES