[HECnet] KLH10 on Raspberri Pi / Nodelist update

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Dec 15 16:15:51 PST 2012

Hi.

On 2012-12-03 10:24, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:
Hello,

Please add to the HECnet nodelist:

7.79	BITXT0	TOPS-20(PANDA) - KLH10 - Raspbery Pi

Done.

	Johnny

I am running this simulator in the same Pi which currently holds 5 more VMs. I will see if it keeps stable, and if it does I will run it permanently.

Issues to solve

- KLH10 does not idle in the Pi. I'll check the idler device code to see if I can guess what is happening.

- I tried to give KLH10 its own bridge device, plugged into the rest of my network via VDE switches and plugs, but it does not work. I have lots of IPBLP bugchecks and IP networking is unusable (weird enough, DECNET and LAT seem to work). It works fine if I use the main host interface in non-exclusive mode (but then I don't get LAT).

- KLH10 frontend can't load *.EXE files.

- TOPS-10 does not run well. I used a x86 KLH to dump the load code in SAV format and then I can boot TOPS-10, but it hungs after a while.

On the other hand, I'm thinking about building a blinkenlights device using the GPIO pins of the Rasp-pi basing it on the actual parallel port blinkenlights panel driven by the "lites" device... :) It could be another nice hobby project...

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES