[HECnet] VCF-East on HECnet?

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 13 11:17:22 PST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE [mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE]
On Behalf Of Paul_Koning at Dell.com
Sent: 13 December 2012 19:03
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] VCF-East on HECnet?

From: "Rob Jarratt" <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com>
If you want to peer with me using DMC11 let me know. I will need to
know your IP/DNS address and a port you want to listen on. You can
download a Windows executable of the VAX780 emulation with DMC11
support here:
http://sdrv.ms/Lmg33s I am hoping that the DMC11 will be in the next
release of SIMH, and perhaps in the PDP11 emulation too. To configure
your side you need the following commands:

So, does the DMC11 emulation just send DDCMP messages in UDP
datagrams, or is it more complicated than that?

No. It uses a TCP connection. Each buffer received from the device driver is
sent along on the TCP connection with a 2-byte length prefix, and that is
it. So no DDCMP underneath.

I've been meaning to add DMC/DMR emulation to Ersatz-11 for centuries,
and obviously I'd want to make sure it interoperates with SIMH.
(There are already undocumented ASSIGN/DEASSIGN/SET/SHOW XM:
commands
since ages ago, but the resulting device doesn't actually work.)

Thanks,

John Wilson
D Bit

If you want to really make your head spin, imagine DMP/DMV emulation
(DDCMP multipoint).

I am hoping to add this one day.

Regards

Rob