[HECnet] VCF-East on HECnet?

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Thu Dec 13 10:58:06 PST 2012

From: "Rob Jarratt" <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com>
If you want to peer with me using DMC11 let me know. I will need to know
your IP/DNS address and a port you want to listen on. You can download a
Windows executable of the VAX780 emulation with DMC11 support here:
http://sdrv.ms/Lmg33s I am hoping that the DMC11 will be in the next release
of SIMH, and perhaps in the PDP11 emulation too. To configure your side you
need the following commands:

So, does the DMC11 emulation just send DDCMP messages in UDP datagrams,
or is it more complicated than that?

I've been meaning to add DMC/DMR emulation to Ersatz-11 for centuries, and
obviously I'd want to make sure it interoperates with SIMH.   (There are
already undocumented ASSIGN/DEASSIGN/SET/SHOW XM: commands since ages ago,
but the resulting device doesn't actually work.)

Thanks,

John Wilson
D Bit