[HECnet] TOPS-20 DECnet

gerry77 at mail.com gerry77 at mail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:01:29 PST 2012

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:53:38 +0100, you wrote:

| 1.8   DECnet-20 Operation
|
|           DECnet-20 consists of the monitor and front-end   components,   and
| user-mode   utilities.     DECnet-20   resides within the TOPS-20 monitor.
| The DN20 is not required for DECnet communications over the NIA20   and
| the CI20.

So maybe you just need to find the right monitor and user-mode utilities. :)

I forgot to say that the Ethernet is the NIA20 thing. Moreover, thanks to
Marc Chametzky, we now do know that the configuration is not built into the
monitor like in TOPS-10 but it's read from a configuration file which
apparently contains everything you'd need to run DECnet-20... :)

Apologies for this self-answer.

HTH again,
G.