[HECnet] TOPS-20 DECnet

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Wed Jan 11 15:46:10 PST 2012

If it's of any interest to anyone, I can confirm that the Panda distribution is capable of working on DECnet. I just got CALHAN back up and running, although I had to tweak more things than I had expected in order to get it working. I can't even guarantee if I shut it down that it'll come back up. :-)

For reference, in my klt20.ini, I have:
devdef ni0 564 ni20 dedic=true ifc=e1000g1 enaddr=aa:00:04:00:2e:4d
I also set the interface hardware address using "ifconfig e1000g1 ether aa:00:04:00:2e:4d" so that it'd match.

And in my TOPS-20 SYSTEM:7-1-CONFIG.CMD file, I have these settings:
NODE CALHAN 19.302
ETHERNET 0 DECNET
DECNET ROUTER-ENDNODE
DECNET MAXIMUM-ADDRESS 1023
!DECNET BUFFER-SIZE 1467
!DECNET DEFAULT-FLOW-CONTROL NONE
Anyway, it seems to be working. I even did a quick shutdown/restart and it came back online. :-)

--Marc