[HECnet] TOPS-20 DECnet

Joe Ferraro jferraro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:49:49 PST 2012

I'll echo the sentiment of not wanting to sound like an AOL user....

With all of the recent, invigorating HECnet discussion, I am curious if anyone has a decent [approachable] resource for getting a TOPS-20 instance on the [HEC] net. I have a non-panda instance up (ARPAnet), and have a version of DECnet [apparently] installed, but no dice with HECnet connectivity. Worse case I guess I may use a captive account of sorts to gateway from WOPR:: to the 20x node via telnet.... but that just seems wrong in principle...

Joe