[HECnet] Multinet circuit costs

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Thu Jan 5 05:59:08 PST 2012

Well...

Sampsa's network and mine have been running both the bridge and the tunnels for a very long time.   As long as we manage the costs (keep the tunnels lower cost) things run great!   We still need to determine what those costs should be.   I have some ideas that I will share in a follow-up message based on experience.   Multiple paths are not a problem, DECnet sorts this out.   Once we get something that resembles a map then we can set a costs policy and things WILL be back on track.

-Steve