[HECnet] Multinet circuit costs

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Jan 4 15:48:23 PST 2012

On 2012-01-04 23.31, Steve Davidson wrote:
Have we decided on what the circuit costs should be set to for the
Multinet circuits? I just did:
NCP TELL MIM SHOW KNOW AREAS
and discovered that MIM's view of the world has changed. From what I can
tell it is due to changes is circuit costs. I have made no changes at my
end. I was waiting for consensus before making any changes.
-Steve

I don't know if a general consensus was reached, but I agree with the idea expressed. When you have both the bridge, and Multinet DECnet tunneled, make the costs for the Multinet circuits lower.

Yes, the changes made by some have had effect on how the routing from MIMs point of view looks. And I think it's an improvement. A few destinations farther away that I tested against were noticeable faster now.