[HECnet] New Nodes -- Finally

Joe Ferraro jferraro at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 14:47:22 PDT 2012

I did a little digging and found this - from my hobbyist "rep":

Joe,

As you may have heard, we plan to make kits available via download from an FTP site.

There is no cost, since there is no media and/or postage and handling.

I have available the most recent version of OpenVMS for VAX (V7.3), Alpha (V8.4) and Integrity (V8.4) along with development tools such as compilers and the DECset products.   I do not have older versions.

If you have NOT already requested a kit pointer and would like to download any of the above, for personal/Hobbyist usage only, please let me know what you are interested in (VAX, Alpha, or I64).

Regards,

/John

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Dan Williams <williams.dan at gmail.com> wrote:
On 16 July 2012 02:20, Joe Ferraro <jferraro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I can account for 800W of power here ;-) ...
>
> I believe you can get the products directly from HP these days... through
> the hobbyist program...

Unfortunately there is not a kit available for Itanium. I thought I
had the layered products but the only things I could find where for
HP-UX.

Dan