[HECnet] SMTP <-> MAIL11 Gateway

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Wed Jul 11 22:17:53 PDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Johnny Billquist
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 17:13
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] SMTP <-> MAIL11 Gateway

On 2012-07-11 22:55, Bob Armstrong wrote:
    I've set up an Internet SMTP to HECnet MAIL11 gateway.
To send mail
from the Internet to a HECnet node, address it to

user at node.decnet.org <mailto:user at node.decnet.org>

where "user" is the VMS (or RSX or RSTS or whatever) user name and
"node" is the HECnet node name.     If you're logged into a
HECnet machine
you can send Internet mail by addressing it to

                                LEGATO::SMTP%user at whereever.com
<mailto:user at whereever.com>

Note that LEGATO will store mail sent in either direction
for up two
days if the target node is down at the time - that means
your HECnet
machine doesn't have to be online 24x7 in order to receive mail.

IMPORTANT - There is absolutely no SPAM filtering, so
please be very
careful about where or how you publish these addresses
unless you want
your VMS mailbox filled up with thousands of SPAMs...

Nice. Thanks.

                                                                    ||   on a psychedelic trip

Actually

LEGATO::SMTP%user at whereever.com