[HECnet] decnet.org

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Tue Jul 10 21:53:19 PDT 2012

Ironically I built a MAIL-11 - Fidonet gateway called FIDOGW for HECnet, it actually works, but I think the VM is down.

Sampsa

On 10 Jul 2012, at 23:52, Dave McGuire wrote:

On 07/10/2012 04:42 PM, Bob Armstrong wrote:
However, nobody has expressed any interest.

The problem is that everybody on this list, by definition, already has
SMTP Internet mail.   A MAIL-11 gateway, nifty as it might be, just doesn't
add anything.

In terms of functionality, you're right of course, but there's a
certain "warm fuzzy" just knowing... ;)