[HECnet] Silly RSX questions....

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sun Jul 8 14:39:05 PDT 2012

  Thanks, guys - I didn't know that M+ would run on a 11/23. I have kits for
M+ v4.3 and DECnet11-M+ v4.3 so that's what I'll try.

  As I remember the 11/23+ is pretty slow (like half or 1/3rd the speed of a
11/73) and an RD32 is not a huge amount of space (40Mb, although that's
probably plenty for RSX).   Any hints for what I should or should not include
in the SYSGEN?

Johnny wrote:
SYSGEN, NETGEN and everything in between is rather more cryptic in 11M,
just to warn you... :-)

  I guess I'm making the right choice :-)     FWIW, I've done M+ SYSGENs
before (years and years ago) and I don't remember those being exceptionally
user friendly!   Never did DECnet on a 11, however.   Actually I'd be tempted
to use M because of the smaller footprint, but I don't have kits for that.

  I'll probably just build the system on simh and, if it works, I can
transfer the RD32 image over to the real hardware.

Bob