[HECnet] Silly RSX questions....

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jul 8 11:58:33 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-08 05:28, Bob Armstrong wrote:
    I have a 11/23+ system with 2xRD32 disks and a DEQNA (as well as
various peripherals     RX50, RL02, RX02, Kennedy 9 track).     RSX-11M+
needs I&D space so it can   t run on a 11/23+, right?     Does RSX-11M
support DECnet and a DEQNA?   FWIW, the system as 2048K of RAM     quite a
bit by 11/23 standards.   I could look it up if I had the SPDs for
DECnet-11, but I haven   t seen those online and I   figure there are lots
of HECnet people who would know.

    Actually I have a KDJ11 (11/73) card and I could just swap the CPUs
easily enough, but I kind of like the system the way it is.

    If it is possible to run DECnet on the 11/23+, my next trick will be
to locate kits and figure out how to install it.

Hi, Bob.
Actually, RSX-11M-PLUS does not require I/D-space. It does, however, require 22-bit addressing. The 11/23+, as well as the 11/24 are supported by M+.
But some things get rather tight without I/D-space. But it should work.

As for the rest of the question, yes, 11M supports DECnet with DEQNA.

SYSGEN, NETGEN and everything in between is rather more cryptic in 11M, just to warn you... :-)