[HECnet] Silly RSX questions....

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sun Jul 8 04:28:23 PDT 2012

   I have a 11/23+ system with 2xRD32 disks and a DEQNA (as well as various peripherals     RX50, RL02, RX02, Kennedy 9 track).     RSX-11M+ needs I&D space so it can   t run on a 11/23+, right?     Does RSX-11M support DECnet and a DEQNA?   FWIW, the system as 2048K of RAM     quite a bit by 11/23 standards.   I could look it up if I had the SPDs for DECnet-11, but I haven   t seen those online and I   figure there are lots of HECnet people who would know.

   Actually I have a KDJ11 (11/73) card and I could just swap the CPUs easily enough, but I kind of like the system the way it is.

   If it is possible to run DECnet on the 11/23+, my next trick will be to locate kits and figure out how to install it.

Bob