[HECnet] Problem: I can't recall the website for the US based users group for VMS

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Fri Jul 6 09:10:32 PDT 2012

On 6.7.2012 5:56, Gregg Levine wrote:
Hello!
Problem, this computer suffered an attack of typical Microsoft issues
regarding its OS and required an installation of itself back about a
month earlier. I ended up loosing my bookmarks. One of them was for
the US based offices for the users group for VMS. As I recall and en
examination of the form used to create the licensing string for VMS it
requires that name.   It also needs the member number from the group. I
recall creating one for a kit that Sampsa has someplace last year, but
I never managed to launch the Alpha emulator on any of the approved
operating systems for it.

Now I'm ready to try again with the VMS kit I have here someplace (it
presupposes that I can find it, but I do know that the image can be
downloaded...) and running on the SIMH Vax setup using the
instructions on the site that the SIMH one is linked to.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

.

Do you mean Encompass?