[HECnet] This is probably been asked already but....

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Tue Jul 3 01:44:48 PDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Gregg Levine
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 18:42
To: hecnet at update.uu.se
Subject: Re: [HECnet] This is probably been asked already but....

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Dave McGuire
<mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
On 07/02/2012 02:41 PM, Steve Davidson wrote:
MRRT-11 (Memory-Resident, RT-11) is what you are trying to
think of.
You needed an RT-11 license for the load (and create) host, then
licenses for each MRRT-11 system.   I used this when I was
a DEC OEM
for a while.

  Is this around anywhere?   It sounds like lots of fun.

Hello!
I'll say. That does sound like something I would want to try out....

Now as to your equipment collection Dave, your 11/53 running
in a different suit, you are aware it can be flipped back to a 11/53?

I'm still trying to sort out my directions for hardware and
software......
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

Greg,

Bring up SimH (VAX) on a platform of your choice, then register and
acquire VMS licenses.   This is the easiest way to start.   More support
is available for VMS than anything else.   After you get the VAX (and
VMS) up and running, connect to HECnet.   From that point on it won't
really matter which direction you choose - you will be on HECnet and can
add systems as necessary.

-Steve